As independent media, we’re delighted you are interested in submitting an article to The Jim Thorpe Current. We are as valuable as our Jim Thorpe community makes us, through the content it provides.
Our goal is to be the source for community, visitor and tourist information in and around Jim Thorpe, and to rely on our diverse community to provide us with their unique, local perspective on what’s happening in the Jim Thorpe area. To relate their stories to those visiting Jim Thorpe, offer advice and suggestions, announce news and events, promote their businesses, and in general, have a central place to gather and share information with those who’ve chosen Jim Thorpe as their vacation destination, or their year-round home.
Keen to Join in on the Discussion?
Send us your article, photos, news, info on events, your favorite spots to visit and enjoy in and around our area, and any other tidbit that you think would be helpful to a local or visitor to Jim Thorpe. We can’t publish everything we receive, but we’ll do our best to share your news and views.
Please read our submission guidelines below before you submit your article. We don’t send article proofs for your approval and we are likely to edit your work, for layout or content purposes—please don’t take it personally!
Article Submission Requirements
We love to receive content from everyone—just a note that if you do not follow the guidelines below, your submission may not make it to the top of the pile. Thank you for helping us work efficiently, by following these requirements:
- Deadline: Please submit article/news by no later than the 7th of the month prior to publication
- Submit only Microsoft Word docs (.doc or .docx) or pdfs via email
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Single line spacing
- Single space between sentences (no double spaces)
- Only one hard return between paragraphs, not two
- Name your document like so: Your-Name-Shortened Article Title-Publication-Date
e.g.: John Smith-Fun Facts-Aug-2018
- Provide this information at the top left of the first page:
Publication: Jim Thorpe Current
Publication Date: October 2018
Byline: [Your name and qualification] e.g. John Smith, Resort Manager
Your contact details, website and social media information: e.g. Tel. 570-123-4567, email JohnSmith@poconopine.com, www.poconopine.com, Instagram: @poconopine Twitter: @poconopine
Notes for editor [if any] e.g. Three photos included. Please do not publish until October 11, 2018.
- Submit a short bio of 60-80 words in the third person, including your email, website and social media info. Tell us a bit about you … a fun, lighthearted bio also works!
- Preferred story length of 300-500 words; include subheads if over 500 words.
- At least three headline choices (of varying lengths) above the article copy.
- At least one caption per photo at the bottom of the story, identify from left to right.
- Submit high resolution images (at least 300 dpi) via email or Dropbox.
- Use 570-555-1212 style for phone numbers; poconopine.com for websites
- Add “IMMEDIATE” to your email subject and story title if it truly needs immediate attention, such as a trending issue or seasonal/calendar content.
- Submit content to email@example.com
Conditions of Submission:
By submitting your work to us, you agree to the following:
- You certify this is your original work;
- You state where you have quoted excerpts from other work, which must be under “fair use” or freely available in the public domain;
- You give The Jim Thorpe Current “use rights” of your work, in perpetuity;
- You agree to let The Jim Thorpe Current know if your content has been published elsewhere, and if so, that you hold the rights and legally give The Jim Thorpe Current the right to publish and freely use your work, in perpetuity.
- The Jim Thorpe Current reserves the right to publish your contribution in print, or online at www.jimthorpecurrentcom.
Note: It’s not always easy to write or see words flow effortlessly from your keyboard. While we don’t expect you to be Thoreau or Angelou, we would like you to follow some simple grammatical rules and style tips, to help us with editing and to (possibly) further enhance your writing skills. See Style Guidelines.
Thank you again for your interest in submitting an article to The Jim Thorpe Current!